PDF DokumenteGo2signals 21.1 Go2signals 20.2 Go2signals 20.1 Go2signals 19.2
release news – Go2signals 21.1
Set decoder parameter - now available in go2monitor
With release 21.1 the well-known feature of setting additional decoder parameters in go2DECODE is now also available in go2MONITOR. This enables the output of additional decoder content running in different decoder modes, output decrypted content if keys are known or change the coding, alphabets, etc.
It is now possible to save changed decoder settings from default modem definition files and save them as new modem types for ‘mission-specific use’ (e.g. automatic searching and processing of signals with user defined decoder settings).
New Modes in Automatic Monitoring
Fixed Frequency Modulation Classification Mode
The ability to automatically search, find and classify all signals in a complete frequency input band is an outstanding capability in go2MONITOR and the basis for the automa- tic signal processing.
The new mode “Fixed Frequency Classifica- tion” sets the search frequencies on fixed, known values to improve the selectivity, e.g. if frequency bands are heavily occupied, signal quality is low or strong distortions are on air. The result is more and better output even under bad conditions.
“Fast Triggering” Mode
In some cases, the operator wants an early warning message if a special signal type is received. Therefore, we added for V/UHF signals a new mode in the wideband classi- fier to get both, a fast early classifier result and the default result examine more signal time for more statistical reliability.
Depending on the user’s needs, it is now possible to choose between speed and reli- ability. For early warnings use speed mode, for automatic processing the reliability mode. Both modes can be run parallel using different tasks in Automatic Monitoring and Tasking.
Enhance Meta Data extraction
Meta data decoded (e.g. identifiers for the emitter or recipient, decoding modes, etc.) is marked with special keys inside the coded text to simplify export and processing of the decoded output. With the release 21.1 we added:
- Extraction support for ALE-3G and APCO-25 Phase2
- Extraction of Encryption property for DMR, DMR Continuous, NXDN 2400Bd, NXDN 4800Bd and APCO-25
- Extraction for TETRA DMO, TETRA Uplink, TETRA Uplink (same functionality as for TETRA modem)
- Extraction for DSC-HF 170Hz, DSC-HF 500Hz, DSC-VHF (same functionality as for DSC-HF modem)
Decoder and Demodulator enhancements
The signals world is constantly changing. To stay up-to-date, we added new decoder and demodulator functionalities to follow these changes. Following listed some major changes:
- Wideband HF (MIL110 App.D) for signals up to 24 kHz bandwidth
- CHN MIL Hybrid 8FSK-PSK with output of raw transmission symbols
- CIS Hybrid MFSK-68 PSK-9000 with output of raw transmission symbols
- CIS Hybrid MFSK-80 PSK-250 with output of raw transmission symbols
Additional decoding features
- APCO25: output of encryption algorithm
- DMR: decryption of ARC4 encrypted transmission with known key
- EPIRB: decoding of emergency radio beacons FT8/FT4: full decoding of all burst types
- MPT 1327: enhanced decoder output
- POCSAG: output address in xml
- Selcal ICAO: added status output
- CODAN: Added binary output of channel decoded data to various decoders
With DDL goSIGNALS offers an easy way to adapt integrated or to add new decoders by the customer itself (customer adaptable tool). Starting with the previous release, DDL is going forward to support Python standard scripting language (pyDDL) as DDL language base.
Additional pyDDL features
- update to Python 3.8
- decoder can change demodulator parameters and rewind input signal
- general performance improvements employing better internal buffer processing
- implemented decoder timeout
- Viterbi algorithm: possibility to specify trellis with a table instead of polynomials
- throw exception when jumping to non-existent data position instead of returning new position
- added method from_str to BitBuffer
- new command mean_quality
- new command bit_correlation_and_ maxima
- new command mirror_symbols for BitBuffer manipulation
Updated decoders to pyDDL
Listing of the most important changes:
- Detection and classification of UMTS/LTE mobile phone services
- MIL-STD-188-110C App. D detection
- CIS112-OFDM improved burst detection
- OFDM classification improved
- Significantly improvements on the detection of wideband signals
Additional Receiver Support
As with every release, we have enhanced support of receiver hardware currently available on the market.
- Added support for SignalHound SM200 A/B receivers
- IZT R3xxx 20MHz configuration provides also an overview spectrum now
- Added RF-Input choice for NARDA SignalShark
We support VITA 49 receiver interface
- Added OFDM signal generation in SOMO
- Added new Export format for INNO Metascope (CIM) in ResultViewer
- Frequency spin boxes in NB-channels and WB-Input (Receiver-Frequency) now store the last used unit
- (kHz, MHz,…) and number of decimal places
- Improved performance of the Mission Channels View
- Keyboard shortcut for snapshot classification added (Ctrl+Alt+S)
- Added blocked frequencies display in the wideband input spectrogram
- Added new “System controller” node in Resource View to display various system parameters and performance information
- Installation setup sets firewall rules and display resolution options on Windows